7.11.2013

Playing Catch Up

Can you already believe that we are almost half-way done with July? I feel like just yesterday I was waiting for school to be out and now- school is sneaking up on us again. July has already been such a great month for me and so many different things have gone on. I've made different crafts, pinned a whole lot of pins, and celebrated living in such an amazing country.

So with that said here's the rundown of what I've already done this month (with tutorials coming soon!)-



1. Remember my last post? I made an adorable galvanized bucket for the family friends that were letting us stay at there house while we were in D.C. Well we filled that bucket with lots of Fourth of July goodies, like pop-its, glow bracelets, and more! It turned out to be super cute and our friends adored it!




2. While in D.C. we stopped at Georgetown and got cupcakes from Georgetown cupcake! It was a really cute store and after standing in line (which took about 15-20 minutes) we got the cupcakes- but after a very hot day walking around the shops, by the time we got home all of the frosting melted! The cupcake was alright but if we would've eaten it right away it would've been better.



3. Once we finally got home I got around to making somethings that sit on my desk.
I made-

  • Washi tape pencils (with help from this pin)
  • A monogram picture to go inside this new frame I got from target.
  • The spaghetti jar- turned pencil holder with a chalkboard paint coat on the bottom
Not to mention I redid my board that I have from Pottery Barn Teen. (You can find them here) I got this for Christmas in 2011 from my Grandpa- and I love it! I'm always switching out pictures and writing on the chalkboard and whiteboards. This is my latest design on the chalkboard-



      {Let's all just seize the day}



4. One of my good friends celebrated her birthday this week and I was there to help with the celebration. Not only did I show up- I came baring gifts :)


{The adorable cake I made for the occasion}


{Cereal box letters that served as a birthday card with a note on the back!}
**could you guess what her name is?

5. Me and one of my other good friends got together to have a crafty crafty day! We spent all day (and night!) giving these wooden objects a facelift-


{For both of these I just used the same method as I did here and it all worked swimmingly}

6. Lastly if you follow my dog on instagram you may already of seen this but- I am obsessed with this picture!

 {Peace out}


Well that's how the past couple of days have been going at my crafty house! I will be back to update with tutorials for everything you see in this post. I hope everyone had a good Fourth of July.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover